Until Flex Builder 3 Stand Alone includes Ant built in you will have to install it separately. Peter Elst wrote steps for installing it in Flex Builder 2 but in Flex Builder 3 the steps are slightly different. For those that are not familiar with Eclipse, this can be tricky to install.
The following is the revised steps for Flex Builder 3 Stand Alone.
Quoted and revised from http://www.peterelst.com/blog/2006/09/03/flex-builder-2-ant-support/:
- Launch Flex Builder 3
- Go to Help > Software Updates > Find and Install
- Select “Search for new features to install” and click next
- Select “The Eclipse Project Updates” and click finish
Note: If you do not have the option above click New Remote Site and enter "The Eclipse Project Updates" as the name and "http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.3" as the url.
- Accept the license agreement and click next
- Click finish to start download
- Eclipse downloads Java Development Tools
- Click “Install all” to install Java Development Tools
- Restart the Eclipse workbench
That’s it! You now have Apache Ant support in your standalone Flex Builder 3 install.
Go to Window > Other View > Ant and Click OK. You now have the Ant view
Please vote for ANT to be included in future versions.